You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-9-2015 17:34:20  #1

Remington Paragon 16 - manuals and maintenance

Hi! I'm new and not a typewriter collector, but I do have my grandparents' 1935 Remington Paragon 16, which I would love to get into working order. It isn't in bad shape now, but the rear rollers are flat. I found suggestions for replacing the front rollers' rotten rubber with layers of shrink tubing, and that went well. Does anyone have suggestions for how I could find a manual or some instructions for replacing the rear rollers? I'm afraid to take this sucker apart without more knowledge.

Is this an unusual model? The word Paragon barely shows up in Remington typewriter searches.

Thanks!

Susan H
Hoping to get my grandparents' Remington Paragon 16 into working order.

30-11-2016 19:17:45  #2

Re: Remington Paragon 16 - manuals and maintenance

I believe somewhere (I forget where) on this forum, but there is a thread leading to a site that has repair manuals from the military from 1945.  As I understand it, there may have been quite a few of these machines in active use in the armed services then, and possibly they would be discussed there.  You could ask our Moderator, Uwe, as to where these are, or you could go to the index section and look for the typewriter repair manuals there.  There may even be other manuals you could use from other sources on this Forum.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera