You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-5-2013 19:50:27  #1

Worst typewriter ad ever

This one really made me laugh.

worst typewriter ad ever

22-5-2013 07:29:03  #2

Re: Worst typewriter ad ever

It's very direct. 

"Not Yet Published" - My History Blog
"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit" - Sir Pelham Grenville "P.G." Wodehouse
"The biggest obstacle to professional writing is the necessity for changing a typewriter ribbon" - Robert Benchley

22-5-2013 08:07:21  #3

The photography is stunning, with amazing detail. I can almost tell that it's a typewriter. Except that it's inside the case.

19-8-2013 18:41:12  #4

For Sale: One Antique Typewriter...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/berwick/collectables/antique-typewriter/1026039373

Once restored, it will capably sew a beautiful suit. 

"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit" - Sir Pelham Grenville "P.G." Wodehouse
"The biggest obstacle to professional writing is the necessity for changing a typewriter ribbon" - Robert Benchley

20-8-2013 20:24:56  #5

Actual text of advertisement: 

WANTED - TYPEWRITERS

We are looking for typewriters to use in a play, they must look like they are operational but must be smashed on stage. We are willing to come and collect them but it would be preferable if they were around the Melbourne area.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

26-8-2013 07:17:13  #6

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ascot-vale/collectables/corona-3-groton-u-s-a/1026437952

Who's got a spare couple'an'a-half thousand bucks for an antique Corona 3?

05-9-2013 18:45:05  #7

Shangas wrote:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ascot-vale/collectables/corona-3-groton-u-s-a/1026437952

Who's got a spare couple'an'a-half thousand bucks for an antique Corona 3?

Especially as it has clearly seen action in WW11! 

Just don't tell the seller that by WW2, no one was seriously still using these. 

06-9-2013 00:53:45  #8

They might, if it was all they could find in the middle of bomb-shattered Stalingrad...but other than that, no! Hahahaha. 

Board footera