You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-12-2015 21:11:53  #1

Typewriter Desk

I just mention the following in case somebody in or near New Jersey might have the ready cash, interest and space for this - and be able to solve the delivery problem:

eBay Typewriter Desk

This thing is cool, it appears to be in superb condition and it is being sold for a fraction of what I think it would bring with the proper marketing. I, regrettably, cannot solve the space and delivery problem at a minimum. If it were a roll top desk I think it would easily bring $1500 in that condition, and is certainly as cool to somebody who loves typewriters as a roll top desk is in general! Only issue seems to be that the typewriter section needs some work to be made functional.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

23-12-2015 09:18:58  #2

Re: Typewriter Desk

You might find this previous thread of interest then:
http://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=304

​There was also a previous discussion about typewriter desk types, but for some reason I can't seem to find it at the moment. And early in the Recent Acquisitions thread we had discussed other ways of storing typewriters.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

25-12-2015 10:27:24  #3

Re: Typewriter Desk

Thank you very kindly, Uwe. I am, of course psychotically jealous... err, "insanely" jealous of beak's beautiful desk with the SG1. Also interested to learn he is a professional writer and I hope he may be moved to the relative loquacity of these earlier posts again sometime in the future.

I had set myself at reading every TT post since the beginning before mouthing off more at random, but had not got far! I shall try again, for there is much good information in there.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

Board footera