You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-1-2016 16:30:29  #1

FS: Obsolete Metal Spools - New/Old Stock

It may be worth mentioning that I have a range of normally unobtainable metal spools for sale on my website : http://thetypewriterman.co.uk/supplies.html  I was able to buy the last remaining stocks from the family of a long-defunct ribbon manufacturer some time ago.  Quantities vary from just a few to several hundred according to type.  For those of you that also collect adding machines, some of the spools are intended for these too.  I certainly have some Burroughs spools in stock, and many others that are presently unidentified.  I also sell ribbon fabric in unusual widths, even the very narrow kind used in 'Petite' toy typewriters.  Worldwide shipping is not a problem - I accept PayPal payments !

18-4-2016 19:37:06  #2

Re: FS: Obsolete Metal Spools - New/Old Stock

Hey Typewriterman.
Happen to have any ribbon thats like 6/16 of an inch (around 8 mm I think?), and have any 1 1/2 inch ribbon (Its like the size of 3 standard sized ribbons all put together)?

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

18-4-2016 19:38:37  #3

Oops, sorry, you just said spools. But do you have any ribbon in those or around those sizes?

Back from a long break.

19-4-2016 03:34:59  #4

Yes, I have 8mm black ribbon fabric - this is about 5/16".  The nearest to 1 1/2" that I can do is 1".  I'm guessing that you want it for a Remingon 'blind writer' ?  A couple of customers have used 1" fabric for these and I have been told that it works, even though the size should really be 1 3/8".

19-4-2016 07:02:56  #5

The 1 1/2 is for my Smith Premier, and it needs around that because it slides diagonally.

The 8mm is for my Bennett, although I have to go check quick the actual measurement. It can be a little bigger or smaller..

Back from a long break.

19-4-2016 07:09:51  #6

The 8mm SHOULD work. That would be the smallest I could go, it has to be from 8mm  to 10mm.
How much? I dont need the whole standard length either, because the Bennett only needs a few yards.

Back from a long break.

19-4-2016 07:10:29  #7

And I dont need the spools.

Back from a long break.

Board footera