You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-5-2016 21:58:02  #1

Keychoppers Strike Again!

I cannot even begin to describe how angry I am at this fool.
http://www.ebay.com/272235371467

My blog - Just Typewriters

12-5-2016 23:06:24  #2

Re: Keychoppers Strike Again!

As long as ignorance and stupidity exist in the world, Scabs the keychopper goes around and wrenches from innocent typewriters what he thinks will turn him at least a small profit.  Here is what I plan to do--at least here in Central Texas:  I'm going to keep all my old parts machines--all pre-war machines with the glass top keys.  I also suspect that many of these keychopped pre-war typewriters can take key levers from postwar machines as well, so I plan to keep my parts machines.  Any day I see a keychopped machine, and I will be searching,  I'm going to grab that sucker, remove the twisted keylevers the rest of the way (I've done this kind of operation before for different reasons), install the keylevers I remove from my parts typewriters, and make one machine out of the two (or three) typewriters I have.  Scabs can only get so many typewriters, but he won't get 'em all.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

13-5-2016 08:16:15  #3

But parts machines for the typewriter that was destroyed by this fool no longer exist or cost a lot of money.
It's a Remington standard 6 upstrike from the 1890s 
Although the keylevers on that machine are made of wood which means any good woodworker could make new ones. 

13-5-2016 13:52:30  #4

Unfortunately, that eBay link is dead, so I have no idea what you saw. From post #3 I assume it was a Remington upstrike model?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

13-5-2016 22:49:38  #5

Board footera