You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30-5-2016 15:57:47  #1

WTB: Shift Key for a 1939 Remington KMC

Hey everyone - I'm new to the forums and have an issue I was hoping you could help me out with. I just bought a 1939 Remington Rand KMC typewriter that is missing a shift key (left side). SN J113714Y. The key is a black plastic oval with no marks. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement? I have photos, if it helps, but I can't figure out how to post them, since they're on my local drive and the forum requires a URL. Forgive me if I'm not using the correct terminology. Thanks! All the best, Troy

Last edited by Uwe (30-5-2016 19:18:00)

30-5-2016 17:52:39  #2

Re: WTB: Shift Key for a 1939 Remington KMC

Hi there, can't help you with the technical question but about your photos: you could upload them to photobucket (or similar) and then copy the link into your post.

30-5-2016 19:16:53  #3

Instructions for photos are located in the FAQ thread within the Type Talk sub-forum.

Troy, I moved this from the repairs section to the Parts section and changed your post to reflect what you need. Your best bet short of making a replacement one is to buy one from someone who is parting out a machine. You can also try a typewriter repair shop if there's one in your area. Many will have parts machines that they can grab a replacement key from.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-6-2016 08:14:09  #4

Thanks for the suggestions. There are no typewriter shops in my area, so if anyone on the forums is parting out an old machine, let me know!

Board footera