You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19-8-2016 20:49:40  #1

....and five Underwoods

Some thirty-odd years ago, I come into the living room and the television was playing some sitcom.  The part of the particular program that was playing involved something some higher-up guy did, and a lady (I guess she was a reporter, or something of the sort) said something that sounded like she was going to expose him for something he did.  But there was a line where she made reference to five Underwood typewriters.  But the part I heard the clearest was "....and five Underwoods."  Can someone help me figure out what this program was, and what it was about?  Could it be that I was imagining this?  Someone tell me please.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

19-8-2016 20:55:41  #2

Re: ....and five Underwoods

TypewriterKing wrote:

Some thirty-odd years ago, I come into the living room and the television was playing some sitcom.  The part of the particular program that was playing involved something some higher-up guy did, and a lady (I guess she was a reporter, or something of the sort) said something that sounded like she was going to expose him for something he did.  But there was a line where she made reference to five Underwood typewriters.  But the part I heard the clearest was "....and five Underwoods."  Can someone help me figure out what this program was, and what it was about?  Could it be that I was imagining this?  Someone tell me please.

Another crazy item:  For a long time after I heard this partial line, I wanted to keep at least five Underwood typewriters in my "fleet" at all times.  So far I have:  1940 Underwood Master; 1946 Underwood Rhythm Touch; 1955 and two 1956 Underwood SX-150; 1956 Underwood Universal; 1959 Underwood Touch-Master II (Maw's last typewriter); 1947 Underwood SX-80 electric project typewriter.  I also have a number (not sure exactly how many) in my spare parts as well. 

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera