You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31-8-2016 13:58:53  #1

WTB: Remington standard 10 or 11 parts

Hi.
I have an Remington standard no 11 after my grandfather.
The mechanical parts of the machine seems all good, but i am missing a striker head for the letter "e".
This makes typing a bit problematic, as the letter e seems to appear in a lot of Words.
To solve the problem i am hoping that someone out there might have my missing e on a parts machine.

Hope someone can help me out With this one.

31-8-2016 14:45:34  #2

Re: WTB: Remington standard 10 or 11 parts

Hi, and welcome to the forum. It will be important to mention which typeface your Remington has if you wish to find the right replacement type slug for it. If you aren't sure then a detailed photo of the other type slugs should tell us what you have. Or, you could measure how many characters the machine types in an inch. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

31-8-2016 15:42:02  #3

Thank you for the welcome Uwe.

I'll take some measurements and try to get some photo of the slugs tomorrow.
The typewriter have a Scandinavian character set With the letters æ ö å (Æ Ö Å). (Happy that none of them are missing, as i think those would be harder to get as parts... )
From what i've found regarding this typewriter, it was made in june 1916, serialnumber RS 61997.

03-9-2016 09:25:01  #4

Have done a little type test on my Remington.
50 characters on a line does measure out 127 millimetre.
I can scan the sample at work and put it on the web. The type is a bit poor, because the ribbon in the machine must be around 40 - 50 years old now, and the platen is hard as rock. (Another issue i have to solve to get the Remington back to it's former glory.)

23-9-2016 19:32:27  #5

runetbj wrote:

Have done a little type test on my Remington.
50 characters on a line does measure out 127 millimetre.
I can scan the sample at work and put it on the web. The type is a bit poor, because the ribbon in the machine must be around 40 - 50 years old now, and the platen is hard as rock. (Another issue i have to solve to get the Remington back to it's former glory.)

For the benefit of those of us who are not on the Metric System, I multiplied 127 times 0.0393701.  That came out to be 5.0000027, or, rounded down, about five inches.  50 characters in those five inches, divided by five, hmmm, let's see. Oh yes, that would be ten letters to the inch, which would make this machine a pica type typewriter.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera