You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-9-2016 14:52:46  #1

Greetings

Just wanted to say greetings from a new fellow here. 

I've enjoyed looking through these posts and learning.

Y'all seem like nice, friendly folk. 

Eric
(Montana)

24-9-2016 15:41:15  #2

Re: Greetings

Greetings back at you, Eric.
I live in Butte and there seems to be no shortage of typewriters around these parts.
I have a Selectric II (the kind I used to use for work) a post-war Underwood Standard with a 18-inch carriage and a 1939 Royal Quiet De Luxe, all acquired at $5 each from local thrift shops and yard sales.
See you around...
John

24-9-2016 17:02:10  #3

ecvia1 wrote:

Just wanted to say greetings from a new fellow here. 

I've enjoyed looking through these posts and learning.

Y'all seem like nice, friendly folk. 

Eric
(Montana)

And then you meet the Forum Weirdo--me.  I've collected hundreds of typewriters, have a typewriter shop sign hanging on my bedroom wall, been on television with my collection a couple of times, and have lots of stories to tell about my strange world of typewriterdom.  I am also usually adept at suggesting certain repairs, particularly on domestic machines, since they have made up the majority of what I have been repairing in the last thirty-five years.  But if there is a machine I haven't seen, I might be able to put out different possibilities, or, if I see a pictorial, I can figure it out.  Anyway, I will give it my level best, because I enjoy helping people fix their typewriters.  I want to give to others what I wish I had when I started so long ago. 

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

25-9-2016 01:10:10  #4

Well it's a good thing to meet the Forum Weirdo right off the bat so I don't have to go looking for you!
WOW you are a typewriter fanatic!  :-)  Hundreds!? 
I don't really have a type writer per se.  It's....well, a typewriter/bookkeeping/accounting machine. Here's a picture. 
Very nice to meet you! 

25-9-2016 01:11:35  #5

Very nice to meet you John from Butte! 

Sounds like you know how to find some treasures and at a bargain price!  Score!!!

25-9-2016 03:35:36  #6

Hello and welcome!
That machine is an absolute beast - does it work?
There are a couple of threads (one running right now) on similar machines which should be of interest to you.
See you around the threads.

Sincerely,
beak.

25-9-2016 08:49:51  #7

Thanks Beak! 

Nah, it doesn't work. Maybe one day though!  Yep see you around the threads and nice to meet you!

30-11-2016 14:22:15  #8

Welcome Eric. I'm new here too. Just trying to get around the pesky two post minimum before being able to add a link to your post.

30-11-2016 14:22:45  #9

And .......here's my second one! Thanks

03-12-2016 22:44:55  #10

ecvia1 wrote:

Well it's a good thing to meet the Forum Weirdo right off the bat so I don't have to go looking for you!
WOW you are a typewriter fanatic!  :-)  Hundreds!? 
I don't really have a type writer per se.  It's....well, a typewriter/bookkeeping/accounting machine. Here's a picture. 
Very nice to meet you! 

Sometimes I stare @ that thing & think "Titanic."  It's steampunk to the max--a combination typewriter-add-e-ator.  I always wondered what it would be like to operate one of those machines.  Can you imagine what it was like for the poor woman in the 1930s who desperately needed a job, and faced having to run one of those as a source of income?  Talk about having to take a crash course.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera