You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-10-2016 16:44:52  #1

NaNoWriMo 2016

As I look through the window toward the horizon it's just possible to see November approaching, and that means another NaNoWriMo is nearly upon us. With so many Typewriter Talk members participating, last year's edition was a lot of fun, so once again I'm going to poll everyone to find out who will be taking part in this year's event.

I'm in. And have already set up my profile. Who else?

The official NaNoWriMo logo features a laptop - boo! - so I took the liberty of deleting it and adding a typewriter in its place:

Here's a link to last years NaNoWriMo thread for those who want to revisit it. And a link to the 2015 stats for our team.

2016 Typewriter Talk NaNoWriMo Team:
NAME/GENRE
colrehogan (fan fiction) aka colrehogan
JanetLand (?) aka JanetLand
KatLondon (literary) aka notethelmerman
RWWGreene (?) aka ?
tojeem (mystery) aka tojeem
Uwe W. (historical) aka 44 Keys

[img]http://nanowrimo.org/widget/WordWar/colrehogan,JanetLand,notethelmerman,tojeem,44-keys.png[/img]

Last edited by Uwe (13-11-2016 23:36:09)

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-10-2016 22:05:15  #2

Re: NaNoWriMo 2016

I'm in!

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

04-10-2016 06:41:04  #3

I did a NaNoWriMo talk last year and presented the lowly typewriter as the perfect tool for the job. 

04-10-2016 09:23:46  #4

Why must you do this, Uwe? Why must you do this?

There I was, pleased to have finally made a start on my 15,000-word Honours thesis, due roughly the end of November, and happily ignoring all syllables that even vaguely sounded like Na, No, Wri, or Mo. And then you post this.

Curse my creative writing addiction!

It is with great trepidation that I say: thanks to Typewriter Talk, I too am "in". My username is tojeem and my genre is mystery! I can only hope I don't get too many callouses on my fingertips this November.

I'm only joking. We'll have a ball.

04-10-2016 11:59:44  #5

RWWGreene wrote:

I did a NaNoWriMo talk last year and presented the lowly typewriter as the perfect tool for the job.

Tell us more! And does that you you're in? 

tojeem wrote:

with great trepidation that I say: thanks to Typewriter Talk, I too am "in". 

Attaboy! 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

04-10-2016 12:48:37  #6

I am the chair of the New Hampshire Writers' Project -- one of the many reasons I've been out of the typosphere for the past 18 months -- and I am known as a typewriter guy. The NHWP does a Writers' Week every fall, and, as part of it, I did my little talk and presentation. More recently, I talked typewriters and first drafts with New Hampshire Public Radio

As for NaNo this year ... I don't know. I did it with a couple of Olympia's in 2015, but last year I was revising a novel. This year, I might be ready for something new ... or I might be revising again. 

25-10-2016 14:45:41  #7

My category is still fan fiction.  I didn't get very far last year and just sent off four platens to J.J. Short.  Poor timing, but was getting a lot of holes in the pages even using multiple pieces of paper.  So I will have to start on a different machine other than none of my L.C. Smiths    as they won't be back in time for NaNo start.  Only one standard left atm and that is my Remington that I used last year  for NaNo.  Otherwise, it will have to be started on a portable.

25-10-2016 14:47:37  #8

I am also colrehogan on NaNo if anyone wants a writing buddy.

25-10-2016 16:27:51  #9

I'm surprised that it looks like we'll have a much smaller crew this year, only three of down from eight that participated last year... 

25-10-2016 21:12:50  #10

I'm really considering doing NaNoWriMo this year, as I have a few ideas in my head floating around... Do I just register online and then scan my pages somehow? I can definitely write, but the process of tracking word count is a bit confusing.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

Board footera