You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-1-2017 15:28:01  #1

WTB: Underwood SX150 Back Panel

Just picked up an Underwood SX150 (1955) that works but is missing the rear body cover.  
Would like to purchase this cover.

04-1-2017 21:23:13  #2

Re: WTB: Underwood SX150 Back Panel

Any recommendations as to where I could purchase the back panel (cover) for my Underwood SX 150

04-1-2017 22:24:58  #3

Providing your location wouldn't hurt; not everything is available through the Internet.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

05-1-2017 09:23:54  #4

Sorry, I am in Dunn North Carolina - between Raleigh and Fayetteville.

05-1-2017 18:42:27  #5

Sigourney643 wrote:

Any recommendations as to where I could purchase the back panel (cover) for my Underwood SX 150

This one you'll have to keep your eyes peeled for.  Underwood 150 through the very early Touch-Master series were very prone to losing their backsides--especially the very early SX-150s.  I've even had to paint them different colors because I couldn't find one to completely match the particular machine I serviced.  Anyway, you may have to be prepared to buy a junker or two, or if you scout the flea markets (swap meets for some) or secondhand establishments, or antique stores, you might be in luck.  The internet might be a source.  You're buying a pig in a poke when you buy online (I stay away from it altogether).  And do not buy one if you can't see that it has a rear cover panel.  You may be just buying another machine with an exposed rear.  I've been seeing those for the last thirty-five years--about as long as I have been in typewriters.But they're phenomenal machines--if you tune them up, oil them, put in a new ribbon, and let fingers fly!!

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

08-1-2017 10:21:59  #6

Thank you for your help and direction as to where I may locate the back panel.  I will keep looking at the flea markets and the second hand shops. 

Board footera