You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10-2-2017 01:01:11  #1

Brother Wizard

Anybody have a Brother Wizard ultra portable? The blue-green that ran up until early 70s?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on performance.

10-2-2017 09:34:04  #2

Re: Brother Wizard

I've never heard of a Brother Wizard, so I did some poking around and could only find a private label model range sold by Western Auto called the Wizard (Automatic and Truetype variants can be seen in the database), which incidentally just seem to be regular Brother models. Could you post a link to where you've seen a Brother Wizard model?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

10-2-2017 10:56:36  #3

Here's a link to a picture:

Last edited by Uwe (10-2-2017 12:03:30)

10-2-2017 12:27:33  #4

Okay, so that is one of the re-branded Western Auto machines and not a Brother model. Essentially then you're asking for performance reviews for a second generation Brother JP1 because myriad model names exist for that specific typewriter and case design.

My own take is that they're fairly rugged machines with a nice type action. I've never been disappointed by these Brother models and enjoy using them, but at the same time I view them as being a far more utilitarian than inspiring investment.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

10-2-2017 13:49:44  #5

10-2-2017 16:03:04  #6

I had changed the link in your previous post so that the image would show, and now it isn't because I assume it was changed or moved. Keep in mind that if you're hosting an image somewhere and move or change it, the link to it will be broken and it will no longer show up here.

Board footera