You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-8-2017 18:35:39  #1

Remington Noiseless Portable carriage return lever?

I was looking at pictures of this model and noticed that it doesn't have any obvious carriage return lever, and I can't find any schematics of this model to show me where it is located. Does this model even have one?

02-8-2017 21:30:06  #2

Re: Remington Noiseless Portable carriage return lever?

Which model were you looking? There must be at least 10 different Noiseless portable models that were made by Remington. In any case, I can't think of any of the more popular ones that didn't have a line space lever.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-8-2017 23:41:25  #3

http://typewriterdatabase.com/Remington.Noiseless+Portable.42.bmys

Here, most of these from 1934 onward don't have a carriage return/line space lever that I can see, unless it is in an unconventional location. 

03-8-2017 09:49:29  #4

They do have line space levers, and in a coventional loacation, albeit not in the shape that you're used to. It's the vertical lever protruding upward from the left/rear corner of the carriage.

Here's a better view of it (it's from a different model, but it's the same idea):

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-8-2017 11:19:49  #5

Uwe wrote:

They do have line space levers, and in a coventional loacation, albeit not in the shape that you're used to. It's the vertical lever protruding upward from the left/rear corner of the carriage.

Here's a better view of it (it's from a different model, but it's the same idea):

Now that is a decent diagram of the different levers on these machines. I always have a hard time figuring out the diagrams in the old manuals you find online. 

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

Board footera