You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-8-2017 08:14:50  #1

Anyone got photos of underneath an Underwood SS/Rthym Touch?

Hi guys,

Haven't been on here for months... took a little break...

Got a customers Underwood Rythm touch here. Everything is there except for one piece. The little spring clip that controls the touch control pressure.

I've been at it for the past few hours trying everything. Wire. Cut up metal. Etc.

Can anyone please get me a photo of that black spring on the bottom? It screws into the plate that pulls back on the key bar springs and I think attaches somewhere on the space bar?

Or better yet, anyone got the actual part?

Thanks!

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

14-8-2017 06:18:51  #2

Re: Anyone got photos of underneath an Underwood SS/Rthym Touch?

Wow. Thought everyone had one of these...

Back from a long break.

14-8-2017 12:15:18  #3

I have an S -- will that have the same mechanism? If yes, I'd be happy to help if you can tell me what I'm looking for!

14-8-2017 15:26:34  #4

I have an SS and a Touchmaster Five. If any of these can help you, let me know! 

TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)

14-8-2017 18:36:07  #5

Thanks guys!

If the SS has touch control, then I'd love a photo! Pretty sure they are about the same

Back from a long break.

15-8-2017 07:05:24  #6

It has. Tomorrow I'll take the photos and upload them.

TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)

15-8-2017 08:10:19  #7

TypewriterGuy wrote:

Hi guys,

Haven't been on here for months... took a little break...

Got a customers Underwood Rythm touch here. Everything is there except for one piece. The little spring clip that controls the touch control pressure.

I've been at it for the past few hours trying everything. Wire. Cut up metal. Etc.

Can anyone please get me a photo of that black spring on the bottom? It screws into the plate that pulls back on the key bar springs and I think attaches somewhere on the space bar?

Or better yet, anyone got the actual part?

Thanks!

By the way, glad you're back -- I missed your experienced counsel here!

16-8-2017 09:58:56  #8

I´m trying to upload the images to Tinypic, and it keeps failing. At first it looked like everything was alright with the first pic, then the second appeared as no longer there and the third flat-out failed.

On the third try (that is, 9 different uploads, 9 different capchas and 9 curses), that´s what I get...

If this has something to do with the file name, somebody at tinypic has reached dangerous levels of incompetence, comparable to eBay. The files were named ss1, ss2 and ss3, three tries with each of them. I seriously hope it´s nothing to do with WW2 SS, I mean, maybe there´s something that directly eliminates them jut in case someone tries to upload nazi stuff or something, but then I changed the name to uss1, uss2 and uss3, and surprisingly the first one appears as uploaded, the secound one doesn´t and I bet by the time I post this the first one has dissapeared as well.

What´s wrong with tinypic, then?

(Olivetti Linea 98)

16-8-2017 13:49:12  #9

That's almost perfect!

i don't see the black metal pressing down on the touch control plate... how is yours put together? Is there a spring for the touch control? It would be from that triangular price the touch control lever is connected to to the space bar joint, bottom center.

Back from a long break.

17-8-2017 11:29:20  #10

I´m trying another host, and this is a closeup of that part:

I can´t see any spring, though... If you need I can try to record a little video of this part moving as I set the touch control.

(Olivetti Linea 98)

Board footera