You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-9-2017 01:20:30  #1

Optima Elite

What do you know about portable Optima Elite Mod. 46?

24-9-2017 10:14:50  #2

Re: Optima Elite

There were three Optima Elite models, the Elite, the Elite 2, and Elite 3. I'm not sure what "Mod. 46" is supposed to indicate, so I'm not sure which Elite model you're asking about.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-9-2017 10:35:51  #3

This t/w looks  like Erica and contains Arabic keys; the front cover indicates that it is Opima Elite and the rare plate contains that this is model 46. Unfortunately i do not know how to locate pictures.

24-9-2017 11:51:14  #4

Based on your description does it look like this?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-9-2017 13:25:44  #5

It looks like Erika 42, but called Optima Mod.46

25-9-2017 12:32:59  #6

Ah, now I understand what you're asking about.

Do you have a photo of the Optima in question? I don't recall having ever seen an '70s era Optima with Elite badging and would like to see one. However, to answer your original question, later model Optima portable models (such as the one in my photo in the previous post) were often rebranded Erikas, and that's not surprising given the relationship between all of the East German typewriter manufacturing firms. Optima's focus had shifted toward the production of standard models, by the late '60s it had moved into electro-mechanical machines, and in 1980 the first wave of electronic designs had begun. 

Board footera