You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-10-2017 10:45:47  #1

Well now... I just leaned a hard lesson

Don't put your coffee cup next to your typewriter. I've discovered that when you engage the carriage return in knocks your coffee over. Go figure. That's me being polite for forum etiquette and all. In real life I shouted a one word obscenity. 

28-10-2017 10:57:58  #2

Re: Well now... I just leaned a hard lesson

This is a bad idea. (Photo taken post cleanup)...

28-10-2017 11:01:44  #3

Awesome looking typewriter!   

I hope no permanent damage was done.

28-10-2017 11:10:59  #4

DanS wrote:

Awesome looking typewriter!

I hope no permanent damage was done.

Nothing got on the typewriter thankfully, but a full cup of coffee got knocked to the right all over a slow cooker recipe cookbook (I was planning to search for a turkey chili recipe for company on Halloween) and a piece of my neighbor's mail that was mistakenly put in my mailbox, that I've been meaning to return to him.

28-10-2017 11:24:12  #5

Dude, you need a lower, wider coffee cup. That one looks like a tipover just waiting to happen. And thank your lucky stars none got in the typewriterr.

28-10-2017 12:35:45  #6

As an Englishman, I'd argue that you don't need a coffee cup at all but rather, a dainty, little tea cup 

There would have been far more than just the one obscenity in my house, though - I can tell you!

Nice SM3 - same colour as the one I took delivery of the other day, yet haven't had chance to photo yet...

28-10-2017 17:04:43  #7

Fleetwing wrote:

Dude, you need a lower, wider coffee cup. That one looks like a tipover just waiting to happen. And thank your lucky stars none got in the typewriterr.

But I can't give up on my dog mug. It reminds me of my black Lab. Lost her in 2012.

28-10-2017 17:07:28  #8

MancFrank wrote:

As an Englishman, I'd argue that you don't need a coffee cup at all but rather, a dainty, little tea cup 

There would have been far more than just the one obscenity in my house, though - I can tell you!

Nice SM3 - same colour as the one I took delivery of the other day, yet haven't had chance to photo yet...

MarcFrank - you's be happy to know that I actually made a cup of tea first thing this morning... It's the only time in my life I have even done that... but I did it. Coffee came later in the morning. I'm digging the SM3, just need to take the time to really clean it up.

28-10-2017 17:33:22  #9

Maybe a sippee-cup?   

28-10-2017 19:04:36  #10

DanS wrote:

Maybe a sippee-cup?

Ha!

Board footera