You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31-10-2017 18:35:13  #1

Royal Portable

I suppose this will be my first post joining the board.  Earlier this year an acquantaince gave me this Royal Portable, which at the time was in perfect working condition save the carriage return belt.  I replaced it temporarily with fishing line, but in the process it seems an important part broke.  I don't know the exact term, but I've called this the carriage stop, and the tooth broke off.  I don't know if this is repairable, but I think it's above my ability.

At this point if somebody would be interested in adding it to their own collection and hopefully repair it rather than part it out, I would like to move it along.

31-10-2017 18:37:30  #2

Re: Royal Portable

And another picture to show the whole machine.

02-11-2017 13:05:46  #3

Hello JSP! I have the same, if not nearly identical, typewriter. Can you post pictures directing where to look to find the piece your are inquiring about? Depending on how it broke, you may be able to bend the piece back into shape.

A high schooler with typewriters. 

02-11-2017 13:28:18  #4

Hi Teran,

I've reposted my first photo with some highlighing of the issue, and the second photo is wider of the whole are but has a white circle as a guide to the area of interest.  

[url=https://flic.kr/p/G8PrcB]

05-11-2017 14:43:35  #5

Any advice for this?  I am looking to downsize and get rid of this one, hoping that someone could repair it.

Should I just try and put it on Craigslist and see if it moves?

Board footera