You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-10-2018 21:36:05  #1

A Stupendous Discovery

I stumbled upon a fascinating technique today: I typed a few paragraphs which may have been a "poem" kind of thing on a first typewriter in double line spacing.  As I looked at it I thought of a few things that could be omitted, added or reworded, and I marked these changes in in pencil. Then I used a second typewriter to rewrite the result, and damn, if it wasn't better than the first time!  I call this amazing discovery "editing"!

I thought about seeking a process patent but decided I would share it with the world free of charge - not sure if there is any prior art?  

05-10-2018 12:21:23  #2

Re: A Stupendous Discovery

Editing, you call it? You mean changing something you've already written? What's the purpose? Nah, it'll never catch on. At best it'll just be a fad. Better to invest in crypto currencies.

Bangin' around, this dirty old town, typin' for nickels and dimes...

31-1-2023 02:26:48  #3

...and all these years I thought double spacing was intended to get your 5-page school essay done in half the time...

11-2-2023 20:24:42  #4

I have a friend who to a course in script writing, as in movie and stage play scripts.  Double spacing is one of the requirements. Easy to review for first drafts, and lots of room to edit and develop a story.

12-2-2023 11:52:05  #5

The screenwriting requirements in filmmaking are quite strict. Apart from making it very easy to skim for cuts for props or scenery and dialog, the layout causes one page of screenplay to roughly equal one minute of screen time, which is handy, too. Although I find screenplay format ugly, I am also fascinated by how it evolved to turn the page into a tool that many trade departments could use.

Board footera