You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-12-2018 17:59:34  #1

Need help w my Remmington Remette

I was wondering if there is an adjustment for double space typing on this machine...I do not see a way to set the spacing.  Thanks!

"What you seek is seeking you"-Rumi

02-12-2018 19:38:50  #2

Re: Need help w my Remmington Remette

Hi Dr. Deb

When you say double spacing, I assume you're talking about an extra space between each line of typing. If memory serves me correctly, the Remette was an entry level machine, so was pretty basic in its functions. I know I have a Remette in the storage shed, but I'm not about to run out there through freshly fallen snow and below freezing conditions. I can however tell you that on my 1935 Remington Junior, there is a small knurled knob on the far left end of the carriage. Pull this knob out and turn it one way for a single spaced lines and the other for double spaced lines. Hope this helps and all the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

02-12-2018 20:45:58  #3

Wow!  You are correct!  It took me several minutes of trying to turn that little knob (which is clearly designed to be turned), but to no avail.  Then, I gently pulled it away from the platen, THEN rotated.  Success!  Thanks so much!

Dr. Deb

02-12-2018 20:51:09  #4

And had I read your instructions carefully, I would have known to gently pull on that little knob first !

Board footera