You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-4-2014 17:59:29  #1

Typewriter Tats

I love typewriters, that much is obvious, but even my borderline obsessive admiration for these machines falls short when compared to those who actually tattoo themselves with a typer:

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-4-2014 03:49:07  #2

Re: Typewriter Tats

To be honest, I've never understood the attraction of tats.  Why would anyone want some image on them peremenantly.  At least this shows far more imagination than most of those I have seen, which are banal and ugly.

Your gf, by any chance?

Sincerely,
beak.

06-4-2014 17:37:49  #3

beak wrote:

Your gf, by any chance?

NO! 

Turns out there are more people with typer-tats than I ever imagined. Most seem to have nondescript typers inked into their skin, and some very specific and detailed like these Underwood tattoos:

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-4-2014 17:55:59  #4

And then there are the truly awful ones, tattoos that look like they were done by someone who had never seen a typewriter before, or was completely stoned at the time, or both:

06-4-2014 17:58:08  #5

I wonder how much ribbin' this girl gets for her tattoo?

07-4-2014 09:55:33  #6

Some are nearly photo-perfect, where others look like a child's drawing.
I'm glad there is a resurgence of interest in typewriters, but this seems a little too trendy to me. They will be blurry reminders of their impetuous youth 50 years from now.

Clark

Board footera