You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19-5-2014 00:11:51  #1

Regency 80 Font

I've encountered a mystery and am totally stumped.  Hoping someone can help.

Background: I have a Smith-Corona Electra 110 that recently became irreparably broken.  I need to find a typewriter with the same font to continue a project.  As far as I can tell, the font is Regency 80 and you can see an example of it at oldmansmoking(dotcom)/sleepless/ . 

Mystery: I've looked at probably 25 Electra 110's on eBay over the last 6 months and not a single one has the same font as my now broken 110.  I have no idea why that's the case.  Does anyone know how I can determine what typewriters might have this same font?  I'm so frustrated!!

Thanks!

08-6-2014 15:30:23  #2

Re: Regency 80 Font

Hi, It's not the same machine as the one you had, but I think it's the same font:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smith-Corona-SL470-Electronic-Typewriter-Script-Orator-and-Regency-font-wheels-/171345280985?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PensPencils_WritingEquipment_SM&hash=item27e4f97fd9
perhaps the seller would ship overseas if you are not based in the UK. This typewriter has been up for a few months, so maybe worth asking them?
The other thing I was thinking which may be a bit crazy, is, can you take the typebars from your broken machine and fix them into another S C 110?
All the best of luck in finding a machine to finish your project.

Board footera