You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-1-2024 12:19:42  #2

Re: Be Careful....

No returns on the sale...

30-1-2024 17:02:53  #3

Are you talking about the overview photo not being of the same machine as the detail photo? 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

30-1-2024 19:17:33  #4

Hi Uwe,

Yes...all the other photos were indeed of a Traveller.  But the photo used to show how good the machine types on paper was certainly from another machine ( maybe a Brother...??? ).

Could be an honest mistake...or other.  But with a no-return sale, you might end up with a machine that may not even put type on paper...

01-2-2024 14:34:57  #5

I don't think it's a Brother, at least not one that I'm familiar with. That three screw layout is similar to what you'd find in some '60s Royal models like the Parade, but it's not exactly the same. If I had to guess I'd say it was perhaps a Silver-Seiko/Silver-Reed produced typewriter. I have a Royal Fleetwood that looks very similar to the one in the photo.

I would tend to think it was an honest mistake - if the seller has (or had) multiple typewriters on offer. For a layperson selling typewriters the detail shots probably look the same. If it was a mistake you would think the auction would be edited to correct that mistake. Did you get a reply from the seller?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-2-2024 15:52:50  #6

He did send a reply saying he did not know what happened but he told me he cancelled the auction.

Not sure if he still owes eBay some listing $$'s in such a case.

Not sure why he did not insert a new photo...

I did let him know I would be bidding but wanted to see "proof of life" with a typed-out example from the Traveller.

05-2-2024 07:41:59  #7

I also ask type examples - even with specific ones "to check alignment issues" :D
Also unusual perspectives like from underneath or the gears of the spool assembly help to see if someone likes to scam you.

11-3-2024 14:02:34  #8

Always ask as many questions and get as many photos as you can before hitting "buy"... it's better to annoy people for details than to end up with an expensive paperweight.  Some people just don't pay attention to what they're doing, others are trying to rip you off.  Go with your gut but get all the info you can!

Board footera