You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-3-2024 12:25:56  #1

WTB: 1950's Remington Quiet-Riter Key Top

Greetings all

Recently acquired a 1950's Remington Portable without tabulator S/N-EAN180143, basically a Quiet-Riter with the green key tops. The Q keytop is missing, so I'm wondering if anyone has an old unit they're parting out. A couple of the small green caps on the various control levers are also missing, but these seem to fall off and get lost on many of these machines. Thanks in advance,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

27-3-2024 16:18:37  #2

27-3-2024 22:45:57  #3

Re: WTB: 1950's Remington Quiet-Riter Key Top

Hi Pete

That would be perfect. There are even 2 Q's in that set. PM me with information and if you need further details. Thanks and all the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.

28-3-2024 07:45:37  #4

Hi Sky,

I purchased the eBay offering this morning. 

Will let you know via PM when they arrive and to get your ship-to info.

The package will come from Utah...so it should be at my home in fairly short order.

28-3-2024 17:42:37  #5

Sky,

Sorry...some bad news from the eBay seller, 

He has indicated he no longer has the key-tops in stock and has refunded my purchase.  Seems like he sells locally as well as on eBay.

My regrets...

30-3-2024 10:57:49  #6

Hi Pete

You did what you could and I thank you for your effort. Sometimes things don't work out the way we would like them to, so I'll keep my eyes open and an ear to the ground. All the best,

Sky

Board footera