You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-3-2024 08:41:17  #1

196x Royal Century...

Will be doing a local pick-up of this 196x Royal Century on Sunday.  Only 10 miles from my home.

It is the continuation of what was the Royal Diana typewriter which was discontinued in 1960-ish and continued with the Century model.

The Century got its "wedge" shaped lower body from the then-contemporary Futura line and got a very attractive looking ribbon cover which I like very much.  Made in Holland.

I have  a spare red-plastic "Royal" badge from a parts-machine which will hopefully fit this Century.  And I am running some new colour palettes in my mind, as well.

Borrowing a photo from the TWDB galleries, this is what my in-coming Century looks like.

I am more curious about getting a chance to look this Century over...and it may well be part of my "catch & release" program...gifting it away after it spends some time on my work bench.

28-3-2024 19:11:08  #2

Re: 196x Royal Century...

Took the drive up north and picked up the 1963-made Royal Century.

Tomorrow will start its spa-day on my work bench.

Quick run-through and it seems like every thing work without issue.

Case is in very good shape as well.

This Century weighs in at 15.0 lbs without its case weight.  It definitely feels and looks like there is still some German "Diana" underneath the body cowlings.

The Royal Futura 800's weigh in at only 13.4 lbs.

28-3-2024 19:35:58  #3

I just sent Richard Polt a scanned copy of the 12-page user-manual for the Century typewriter that came in the case.

Richard should have it up-loaded to his web site in a week or so...in case some Members have a Century machine but not the manual.

29-3-2024 16:46:57  #4

Spay-day work completed.  This is one heck of a nice German machine...

It will not be a catch & release and will stay in our home.

It is in such nice factory-original condition...I have given up all throughts of new colour schemes, etc.

30-3-2024 14:08:41  #5

My Facit brigade came out to explore once they heard something in "Viking Grey" had arrived in our home.

After shuffling around a few minutes, the leader mumbled "only German" and went back to their lair.

31-3-2024 03:43:39  #6

"Only German?" Don't let Erika, Monica and Gabriele hear that!

01-4-2024 15:00:08  #7

Lau...I have my Germans on one side of the hobby room and the Swedish on the opposite side. 

01-4-2024 17:35:31  #8

Pete E. wrote:

Lau...I have my Germans on one side of the hobby room and the Swedish on the opposite side. 

haha, those two might not get along. I keep E. German machines in the basement. 

- Be kind 

04-4-2024 17:19:59  #9

User-manual now available on Richard Polt's web site as a free down-load :

https://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/RoyalCentury.pdf

Board footera