You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-4-2024 06:44:50  #1

WTB : Keys for Rheinmetall...

Hello
I saw a Rheinmetall KsT on the internet, and I hesitate to buy it, the problem is that 2 keys are missing :
The "U" and the "? ,"...

Do you have this in your stockes, or do you know where I can find it ?

03-4-2024 09:26:16  #2

Re: WTB : Keys for Rheinmetall...

I'd suggest that you forget about sourcing keytops, and just find/buy a complete typewriter. Without being able to perform an inspection of the typewriter yourself, do you know that it's only the two keytops that are missing and nothing else? For example, there's someone in my area who is selling a Rheinmetall that is not only missing a keytop, but also the entire typebar - and is asking an obscene amount of money for what is essentially an unusable typewriter. I would fabricate a keytop, but a typebar with its specific metal characteristics is a far more difficult project. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-4-2024 12:00:08  #3

Everything else is in perfect condition , it's not sold expensively, so it's a shame, because only these two keys are missing...

03-4-2024 13:16:11  #4

On several machines where 1 or 2 key-tops were missing...I just went into my parts-stashes and found/used others from a different maker.

My blue Olympia SM7 recently came to my home missing its back-space key-top.

I grabbed a key-top from on Olivetti parts stash and I am happy with the results.  Figured I would not find a proper Olympia key-top (for cheap) in my life-time.

04-4-2024 05:56:50  #5

Pete E. wrote:

On several machines where 1 or 2 key-tops were missing...I just went into my parts-stashes and found/used others from a different maker.

Yes, that might be a good idea... Thanks Pete E ...

Board footera