You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-4-2024 07:16:10  #1

Backspace Rooy B44

Hello
I have a problem with the backspace of my Rooy B44, it doesn't work well...
When I press the button very hard, it sometimes works, but it's rare...
So what to do as an adjustment ?

And I put a picture of an Underwood to show where the mechanism area is, because the Underwood looks like my Rooy B44…
Thanks

01-4-2024 18:59:11  #2

Re: Backspace Rooy B44

I am not familiar with Rooy standards, and cannot confirm whether or not, or how, similar they are to Underwood standards, but if you want information on Underwood standard backspace adjustments, I would check out the Ames service manual for standards located at the bottom of the page here.

03-4-2024 12:08:19  #3

Here is a photo of my Rooy B44, this is the area with the mechanism backspace :

And I need help because I don't know what to do anymore ...

03-4-2024 17:59:37  #4

I was just looking at the service manual for adjusting the backspace on an Underwood. I am not sure how familiar you are with typewriter repair, but if you are new to typewriters, I would advise leaving it alone for now and just push the carriage back a space with your hand if you need to. I had an Underwood model that didn't come with a backspace, and it wasn't a huge deal to just move the carriage manually when I needed to. If you really want to try the repair, the instructions for an Underwood backspace adjustment is on page 122 of the Ames Vol 1 Standard Service manual (page 126 of the pdf scan), which can be found in the link of my previous post.

04-4-2024 05:49:44  #5

I've already consulted the manual, it's nice to have re-posted the link, but I've already tried and it doesn't change anything, maybe I didn't understand...
If anyone has an idea or a tip, I'm all ears !!!

Board footera