You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-8-2014 00:27:25  #1

Corona 3 Mainspring

I need a replacement mainspring. I have the drum. Or is it better to just get the drum off another machine?

17-8-2014 10:11:38  #2

Re: Corona 3 Mainspring

If all else fails, you could try a clock repairer who might have a spring of the same basic dimensions that would fit inside your spring drum.

22-8-2014 15:51:35  #3

Hmm.........I might buy a Corona 3 that is almost a lost cause. First.

Last edited by guitarmasta12 (22-8-2014 15:51:50)

23-8-2014 12:52:27  #4

thetypewriterman's suggestion is an excellent one. I've had the mainspring out of a few clocks and they are remarkably similar, but you need to know the size you're after, and given that you said you threw out some of the pieces already, that might make it a little more difficult. As a rule I never throw away broken parts because they might still prove to be invaluable if you end up fabricating something from scratch or want to match it with something similar from another machine.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-8-2014 15:01:46  #5

Uwe wrote:

thetypewriterman's suggestion is an excellent one. I've had the mainspring out of a few clocks and they are remarkably similar, but you need to know the size you're after, and given that you said you threw out some of the pieces already, that might make it a little more difficult. As a rule I never throw away broken parts because they might still prove to be invaluable if you end up fabricating something from scratch or want to match it with something similar from another machine.

Yeah. I relized that afterwards. The mainsprings are pain to get back in the drum. I have done it once.  Hopefully the clock repairsman will put it in the drum for me if I have a clock store arond where I live.

Last edited by guitarmasta12 (10-11-2014 12:37:28)

Board footera