You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-8-2014 06:40:42  #1

Feet not sticky

The rubber feet of my Brother deluxe 750 have hardened over time and now are more like hard plastic than rubber. This means that when I type my typewriter rotates anti-clockwise. This is very annoying. I have temporarily solved this by sitting my typewriter on a rubber mat, but I would like a more permanent solution. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Pleased to meet you. Call me Nathan.

20-8-2014 09:57:09  #2

Re: Feet not sticky

I often have to replace the feet on typewriters because so many have deteriorated past the point of usefulness. I replace them with generic feet - they're actually called 'bumpers' here in North America - which are available at almost any hardware store. You can also order them online; just measure the dimensions of the ones you want to replace and I'm sure you'll find a very close match. 

Some typewriters have very specific feet that you won't find a direct replacement for. In the past I've just bought the closest thing possible and then adapted it to fit.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera