You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-9-2014 22:58:14  #1

WTB: A Bubble Gum Pink Royal Quiet De Luxe

Hi all.

I am relatively new to the forum, with a small wallet, and big dreams. Although a doctoral student presently, I have an idea for an article, small book, who knows! Anyway, I am looking for the perfect typewriter to write this one thing, and for my own personal reasons, I want it to be a bubble gum pink Royal Quiet De Luxe. I think of it as a rebelious moment of inspiration!

If anyone has one, and is willing to consider letting it go, "Keep it reasonable, as with out the rich man's price!" please let me know. I live in San Diego, CA. Thank you.

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

09-9-2014 09:05:32  #2

Re: WTB: A Bubble Gum Pink Royal Quiet De Luxe

I have a Pink Royal FP,  it's a standard and not portable. Just throwing that out there. Good luck!

09-9-2014 11:27:04  #3

Typewriters that are not grey or black tend to command much higher prices because they attract the non-collector crowd. Personally, I'd buy a QDL that's in good condition - there are plenty of them around - and re-paint it to the colour you desire. If that seems like too much work then you'll have to be patient waiting for an inexpensive pink Royal to turn up. I see them often enough on eBay and Etsy (the worst choice), but they're often ridiculously priced and bought by uninformed buyers or those who don't care how much they're paying because it's the only typewriter that they're likely to ever buy. 

Good luck!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-9-2014 11:34:22  #4

I hear what you are saying there. Thanks. I am not in a mad rush, yet, but as time moves along, my options may change.

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

14-9-2014 13:06:31  #5

This is what I have.

It still could use a bit of cleaning but I put a ribbon on and typed a bit. If you want more photos PM me.
Jefferson

14-9-2014 15:13:57  #6

Very nice Jefferson! I love the FP, but haven't yet been able to find one locally that wasn't finished in one of the two grey paint schemes that were available. I suspect that since most ended up in offices that fewer of the more colourful variants were originally sold. It's hard to tell from your photo, but is your machine the Cameo Pink Smooth (TUP-28) or Coral Rose (TUP-49) version? I assume that it's a 1957 model?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

14-9-2014 15:39:26  #7

I find it interesting that this is an FPP, but the font looks more like an Elite type style.

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

14-9-2014 16:20:31  #8

Elite and pice are type sizes, not styles---12 characters per inch and 10 cpi, respectively. Many different styles were offered in each of these sizes. The styles are named in each manufacturer's order books or catalogs and they vary by manufacturer. Similar styles might have different names and the same name by different manufacturers might look different and a company might offer the same style in both elite and pica. (European sizes are often somewhat different, like Olympia's 11 cpi, and are not usually called by these names, although if they measure 10 or 12 cpi, you could perfectly well call them pica or elite.)

Last edited by M. Höhne (14-9-2014 16:22:08)

14-9-2014 16:24:59  #9

Yes I do believe it is a '57 cameo pink smooth. Serial # FPP 6295960

14-9-2014 17:15:09  #10

Sorry Hohne. I was using the terminology as it is stated in the Ames Manual.

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

Board footera