You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-9-2014 15:10:37  #1

Serial Numbers for Royal Century

Hi all. I am trying to identify a solid source for serial numbers that are not in the typewriter database. The exact serial number is RTP-4655378. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

15-9-2014 18:17:34  #2

Re: Serial Numbers for Royal Century

I'm pretty sure the Century is a Japanese-made Silver-Seiko, which means it was manufactured after 1965. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-9-2014 18:35:04  #3

The Royal Century was made in Holland.

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

15-9-2014 19:06:16  #4

Well, the Royal Century in the picture below was most likely made in Japan by Silver-Seiko. Take a look at its ribbon colour selector and touch control lever, and compare them to the ones used by my Royal Mercury, which was definitely made in Japan. They're identical.

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE1MlgxMzY2/z/958AAMXQkcZRjsCP/$T2eC16J,!ygE9s7HHoJMBRjsCPLfUg~~60_57.JPG[/img]

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-9-2014 21:09:40  #5

Sorry Uwe... But, I still don't quite agree, based on the evidence. I am not saying you are wrong. I am saying that my Royal Century does not look like that, nor does it say made in Japan. If I am right, the Royal Century that I have took the place of the Royal Diana, which is why it starts out with letter 'RTP' and not 'MC'. Here are some pictures.

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

15-9-2014 23:11:59  #6

That's a first gen. Century, which I didn't realise you were talking about. The second gen. Century - the one made in Japan that I posted a photo of - replaced it. 

15-9-2014 23:16:36  #7

Nice. Where might I find information on the serial number and date of assembly? First gen? That makes me happy!

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

16-9-2014 13:06:44  #8

My guess is it's a 1961 model. Its serial number fits in with a number of other Royal portables that were being manufactured at the time (source=database), and chronoligically speaking, that manufacturing year works because it fits between the Diana and second generation Century. If it was my machine I'd list it as a 1961 in my own database.

18-3-2024 14:45:46  #9

Looks like these are 1st. gen Century machines, then... ?

(Pink one is a re-paint by the Hotrod shop.)

18-3-2024 14:47:04  #10

And is this the 2nd. gen "Century" machine made in Japan ???

Board footera