You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07-10-2014 19:45:24  #1

WTB typewriter with French accent keys.

Like the title states I'm looking for either a portable or an upright with French accent symbols. Also another stipulation is it predates the 60s and is in working order.
Any thoughts on where to pick one up? I am unfamiliar with models like these.

Thanks !
Jefferson

07-10-2014 22:16:17  #2

Re: WTB typewriter with French accent keys.

Do you want a typewriter with a French keyboard (AZERTY)? Or just one that has the accents? Many Canadian typewriters have French accent keys, as do Swiss machines, if you want to stick to either a QWERTY or QWERTZ keyboard. Otherwise you'll want a machine that was sold in France (or a French colony) like this Brother JP1 that I have that came from France:

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

08-10-2014 06:33:01  #3

I want one preferably with the keyboard AZERTY. Its technically the true french keyboard. I wouldnt turn down the canadian one but the true french one is preferred.

09-10-2014 10:33:32  #4

Typo207 wrote:

Like the title states I'm looking for either a portable or an upright with French accent symbols. Also another stipulation is it predates the 60s and is in working order.
Any thoughts on where to pick one up? I am unfamiliar with models like these.

Thanks !
Jefferson

Something like ebay.to/1o0bjYg ?

09-10-2014 11:30:26  #5

Aahz wrote:

Why not just come out and say that you're the one selling it?

It meets the OP's criteria by the looks of it, but the price will make it a tougher sell. Good luck.

Last edited by Uwe (09-10-2014 11:31:56)

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-10-2014 23:11:10  #6

Uwe wrote:

Aahz wrote:

Why not just come out and say that you're the one selling it?

It meets the OP's criteria by the looks of it, but the price will make it a tougher sell. Good luck.

Certainly wasn't trying to hide the fact I was the seller.  The same name is on this account and the selling account.  Just don't really see how it makes any difference.  

OP was fairly specific in what they're looking for, and this one seems to fit the bill, so I thought I'd let him know about it.  It's not like I just showed up to spam my offerings.

10-10-2014 08:53:43  #7

I wasn't accusing you of trying to hide anything, just suggesting that next time you say "hey, I've got one for sale, here's my eBay auction for it." Other than that, not everyone would think to match user names, and for good reason I'm extremely vigilant about keeping this forum spam free. I hope you can understand that.

10-10-2014 22:23:24  #8

Okay, advice noted.

11-10-2014 06:16:05  #9

Yes the linked above typewriter is beautiful, however it is out of my price range. Ideally that's what I'm looking for. I do realizing I will be paying a higher price than usual for this machine.

11-10-2014 15:11:37  #10

I'm still a typewriter novice (have bought and sold about a dozen.  But one thing I've learned is that they tend not to generate bidding wars.  Every one I've sold has gone for within 20% of opening bid and never with more than two bidders.  

With this one I was not able to find anything remotely comparable to determine pricing against, so I essentially just picked a number.  If any of y'all experts could point me to sales of comparable machines I'd love to get a better idea of price range.

Board footera