You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-10-2014 12:43:36  #1

Remington Standard 10 with extra keys

Hey all, new member here. An old typewriter came my way and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was worth anything. It's a Remington Standard 10, which according to my research so far, is pretty common and not worth much, but this one has an extra row of red keys across the top for formatting, see pics. I haven't been able to find much on it.  It also has a key that has a Typewriter repair company and phone number on it that was in Long Island City, Queens, NY.  Any information would be appreciated...thanks!

08-10-2014 12:45:52  #2

Re: Remington Standard 10 with extra keys

telling me I need 2 posts before attaching pics to control spam...so here's number 2...

08-10-2014 12:46:55  #3

pics ...

08-10-2014 21:58:34  #4

I've seen a number of these Remingtons with the red pre-set tabulator keys. Nice machines, which should easily fetch $100 in your area. Clean it up and enjoy it! An antique store owner in my area has had one for many years now, but he's also got a $400 price tag on it. It's an unrelistic, but not uncommon expectation when it comes to those who sell antiques for a living and have overhead to pay for.

With respect to those red keys, all they do is move the carriage forward to a pre-determined spot. They would have been used in an office either to fill out forms, or to speed up letter writing by allowing a typist to type in the information being prompted by the headings you see listed over the keys.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-10-2014 11:14:22  #5

Gotcha...thanks for the response! It will make a nice display piece...I think I will clean it up and hold on to it.

25-10-2014 19:05:03  #6

My favorite thing about these is the large carriage return levers. This one seems to be in pretty good shape. I wish I could find one like it in my area.

Board footera