You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-11-2014 21:32:01  #1

Yeah, I Decoupaged a Typewriter

21-11-2014 00:47:41  #2

Re: Yeah, I Decoupaged a Typewriter

I've seen worse things done to typewriters.  And at least you used an Olivetti, but why?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

21-11-2014 14:37:40  #3

If you click on the picture, the answer will become clear-ish.

21-11-2014 19:11:27  #4

Olivetti use some rather unpleasant (IMO) paint colours, and this is unusual - and very neatly done!

I quite like it.

Last edited by beak (21-11-2014 19:11:44)

Sincerely,
beak.

21-11-2014 21:25:55  #5

RWWGreene wrote:

If you click on the picture, the answer will become clear-ish.

Ah, didn't realise you added a hyperlink to the photo.... will read your blog entry now. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

27-11-2014 10:25:59  #6

I actually think that this looks pretty cool! I don't know that I would do it to a typewriter that I liked very well, but I would much rather see people do this then totally dismantle the typewriter or chop the keys off!

06-11-2016 18:40:32  #7

Hear hear!!  I'd actually had plans once of taking a typewriter and painting it just like the Partridge Family bus--in Mondrian style.  Someone beat me to it, but I think I might just do that anyway--at least to a 1957 model typewriter, since their bus was also a '57 model--about the biggest '57 Chevy you'll ever find.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

05-4-2017 21:02:29  #8

I love the idea put to it but I would definitely be more wary about using it after having decorated it. Still, a clean and great work of art!

Read between the lines, I'll be there.

06-4-2017 10:10:21  #9

I was thinking doing this to one of those boxy Smith-Corona cases would be better than on the typewriter itself.  But well done anyway!

06-4-2017 15:58:15  #10

Actually, I like it.
I saw one of these machines the other day with a $100. (U.S.) price tag on it and for the life of me I could find nothing about it that made me think it was even close to worth it.
I like that you have made the best of a less than stellar machine by adding your own touch.
I would not have thought to do this but then I find even the fancy pin stripping and decals on my Underwood 5 to be distracting.
Still, I have often thought of getting a real wreck of a machine and refurbishing it complete with a new paint job. I probably would not use a covering with wording on it but maybe some brown craft paper strips..... 

Board footera