You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-11-2014 20:50:13  #1

Types uneven

So one of my skyriters seems to work all around quiet well. Hoowever one has a problem where a few of the letters will end up higher then the others by a decent amount. I have it apart right now so no pics. Anyhow its about 3 of the letters will hit higher on the paper then the others. I understand how to adjust lower case and upper case high via underneath with the two screws. In general all the letters are pretty even just a few random ones that type higher then the others. 

Is there something that I can fidle with to fix this. 

Also almost forgot, my U key sits lower then the other keys. Not sure why as everything seems in order. Is there an easy way to adjust the height of the keys. 

Thanks. 

22-11-2014 22:12:33  #2

Re: Types uneven

Lower keys, providing that the slug is in the proper repose position, could be a bent key bar or linkage. Compare it to those around it. As for the three uneven characters did you check the slugs and see how they align with the others? Is this happening lowercase, uppercase, or both?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

22-11-2014 23:52:55  #3

Re: Types uneven

I will take a look at them to see how they look. Gotta look up the nomenclature also as I am new to typewriters (used them when I was a kid). I dont recall if it was just lower case or both. I will check again. 

Board footera