You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-12-2014 17:15:32  #1

Hermes 3000 repair

Hi guys,
I have a newly arrived Hermes 3000 3rd gen, SN suggests it was build 76 or later.

There is a problem with the drum.
The cord seems to be attached to the drum, hangs loose under the drum, and there is no tension. Everything seems movable, though.

I suppose first thing to do is to take of the plastic cover and bottom. I have no cloue how to do this.
(Machine must be opened anyway in order to clean out the insides of the machine which is full with dust balls and tipp-ex brittle.)

Anyoune here with experience in fixing this machine, for some advice?
Once it is open, I will certainly be back asking how to fix the cord problem ... sigh.

Lokking forward ... many thanks
Claudia

28-12-2014 20:47:25  #2

Re: Hermes 3000 repair

Yes, you do want to remove the outer casin of the machine. Typewriters are held together by screws, and the shell is no exception. These screws are usually visible on the back, or underside of the machine itself.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

29-12-2014 01:33:41  #3

Re: Hermes 3000 repair

Thank you!
I got assistance by so from the Yahoo portable list and I've had it open twice, successfully. The crucial point was that I couldnt get the front plastic clamps betweetn top and bottom apart, without being sure that this was where to search. Had to use a small screwdriver to support bending through the two small holes that hold the case. Machine is fine now, everything - including margins - is working perfectly.

Board footera