You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-5-2015 09:22:37  #1

Want tp Buy: ROYAL #10 Beveled Glass "Window"

Looking to buy one of the large beveled glass windows for my ROYAL No. 10. The piece is
3.518 x 2.590-inches (3 1/2 x 2 9/16-inches) in size and its corners are rounded.

Thank you!

23-5-2015 09:44:53  #2

Re: Want tp Buy: ROYAL #10 Beveled Glass "Window"

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-5-2015 07:44:54  #3

Still looking.

28-5-2015 12:24:23  #4

The glass inserts on eBay weren't right?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-5-2015 19:09:43  #5

No Uwe...I think they would have indeed been right and I communicated with the seller and
kept an eye on the auction for several days.  Then I got detained at work and didn't get home until after the auction ended. 
I should have jumped in there earlier with some sort of bid but I am sure the slam-dunkers would
have found my max  anyway, which is why I was a huge eBay user in 2000 and in the last 5 years
have bid on only two items. It's all so different now and I really prefer dealing with good folks one-on-one..

Oh well.  

The search continues...

28-5-2015 21:16:16  #6

Oh, that is a shame.  Those had been resisted several times.  I posted them a while back for someone else who was looking for the same thing. Hopefully some more will show up.

28-5-2015 22:29:26  #7

Thank you for your condolences, Spazmelda. I'm a brand new member and the warm cordiality
that exists here is such a breath of fresh air compared to another specialty blog to which I belong.
I believe folks passionate about typewriters are a pretty classy bunch.

I only need one of the four panels the seller was selling so hopefully whoever won them needed
all four and that would make his need greater than mine; so I guess in that case it would be
all for the best. But, I was kicking myself. I walked in the door about 12 minutes after that auction ended.

I've been doing some research and am considering trying to cut and bevel a piece of leaded
glass myself. It might not work but there's been a lot of stuff I have never done before that I was
delighted to discover, "Hey...I can do this!" So it's worth a try.

Thanks again for your kind comment.

Last edited by QUICKBROWNFOX (28-5-2015 22:31:18)

29-5-2015 04:34:47  #8

May I make a suggestion ?  Rather than try to cut and bevel a piece of glass, see if you can obtain an off-cut of perspex (clear acrylic sheet) from a sign-maker.  You can cut this with a fine-toothed hacksaw, file the bevels, then polish with increasingly finer grades of emery cloth - finishing with metal polish.  Alternatively, a good glass merchant might be able to make the panel you want, using the one from the other side as a pattern.  It might not be as expensive as you think.  Worth asking for a quote !

29-5-2015 04:49:47  #9

You can get a peice custom made. Maybe if you could take out the other peice of glass and bring it to get remade...

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

29-5-2015 06:10:12  #10

here ya go
Also let me know if you need any parts for your 10
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261876115222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf9086716

My blog - Just Typewriters

Board footera