You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-6-2015 08:36:52  #1

FS Skyriter in the UK

Skyriter in good working order, but with one screw loose (previously damaged thread to screw) from base of body shell. The handle on the case is cracked, and well worn, but functional. Nice and clean, with a new ribbon.
£35 including shipping within the UK. I'm not looking to make a profit on this, just want it to find a new home! If you can get to Cambridge of a weekend, and would like to pick it up in person, I will drop the price.
more pictures with typesample on the database here http://typewriterdatabase.com/1953-smithcorona-skyriter.4408.typewriter
This picture shows it with the ribbon it came with, not the new one I just put in. Message me if you are interested

Last edited by malole (26-6-2015 08:39:50)

04-11-2015 08:22:47  #2

Re: FS Skyriter in the UK

OK, I have now listed this typewriter on ebay : £10 starting bid, £35.50 buy it now, £4.89 p&p shipping within UK only. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272036420518?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

04-11-2015 16:26:21  #3

Wow, that is an impressively written listing! It puts me to shame. But I've got several to sell so will do better. 

Its a lovely machine, too. VERY pretty. How does it type? I'm tempted, it's those absinthe-green keys - but I have a nice little 1950 Skyriter already... 

04-11-2015 16:36:47  #4

Thanks, Kat! I should have been writing my nanowords, and I think it sort of seeped into the listing.
I thought I would mention in the listing that I haven't used WD40 on it, as I read sometimes that someone has "given it a light service and oiling" and I cringe to think what they might have done!
It's got a nice feel, pretty reliable, no bunching or jumping spaces like some of my other machines (my remingtons portables are bad for that sometimes). I've made a few drawings on it as well as pages of text, it's an all-rounder, but the knobs are too small for me, and I don't get on with those small return levers. I'm using my Smith Corona Sterling of the same year ('53) for nano at the moment, and I love the return lever on that!

15-11-2015 22:27:33  #5

malole wrote:

I've made a few drawings on it as well as pages of text

I am intrigued with the idea of drawing with a typewriter, and tempted to give it a try... Any chance you might post an example or two of your artwork?

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

15-11-2015 23:03:17  #6

Valiant wrote:

Any chance you might post an example or two of your artwork?

This thread Typewriter Art might be of interest, and some of malole's art can be seen by clicking on the link in her signature line.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

17-11-2015 16:34:41  #7

Uwe wrote:

Valiant wrote:

Any chance you might post an example or two of your artwork?

This thread Typewriter Art might be of interest, and some of malole's art can be seen by clicking on the link in her signature line.

Oh man, that is awesome, I've never seen anything like that, thanks for the link!  I was expecting drawings of typewriters, not drawings made using typewriters, absolutely stunning!

17-11-2015 16:52:55  #8

malole wrote:

I've made a few drawings on it as well as pages of text, it's an all-rounder, but the knobs are too small for me, and I don't get on with those small return levers.

WOW, followed the link from Uwe and I'm really impressed with your drawings (and the custom typewriter repairs!)

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

Board footera