You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-6-2015 13:55:20  #1

L.C. Smith & Bros. No 2

Hello
I just bought an L.C.Smith & Bros. no2 from 1909 today, and there are three parts in total that is missing. the thumbscrews for the ribbonspools , and also one of the ribbonholder near the spool(there is one on one side but not the other).

Does anyone know where I can find these parts? also does no2 use a standard 1/2 ribbon spool? 
Also there is no question mark key? 

Thanks~  
Karolina

29-6-2015 20:27:14  #2

Re: L.C. Smith & Bros. No 2

I would think that the thumbscrews would be almost universal, meaning that you could use them from a Remington 10 or any other typewriter with thumbscrews, although not sure in the same design. You can check for the 1/2 ribbon by measuring how tall the spools are, but Im pretty sure they would take 1/2. The ribbon holder would be a little harder to get ahold of. I would just keep combing ebay and emailing anyone with a parts machine to see if they would just give you that peice.

Last edited by TypewriterGuy (29-6-2015 20:27:51)

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

30-6-2015 01:42:53  #3

Ah
Thank you very much for the answer

30-6-2015 06:49:35  #4

Back from a long break.

30-6-2015 16:33:49  #5

Ah yes though they didn't ship to sweden

30-6-2015 16:36:04  #6

Ask them! You never know, it cant hurt to ask. They probably never thought of it. i mean, its only those two small peices, the spools and screws.

Back from a long break.

30-6-2015 16:37:55  #7

Ah yes Also why is there no questionmark key?  Is it a combination like exclamation point or?

30-6-2015 16:45:15  #8

No, its meant to be like that, sort of like a command (which you would use a !). You could use a ! or ? in different ways. 

Back from a long break.

30-6-2015 16:48:44  #9

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean..  You mean i shouldn't be able to type a questionmark on it? I do understand The difference between exclamation point and questionmark :D

30-6-2015 16:55:28  #10

Its like, I can say "Ask them" in two different ways.

"Ask them!" Is like a command, I am telling the person what to do. Not as common as using a question mark.

"Ask them?" Is a question, I am asking you to do something. It is mostley what you will see/hear

Back from a long break.

Board footera