You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-7-2013 12:07:10  #1

Some Letters Stick

In this eBay auction auction, the seller of a Remington Model 5 openly admits that "some letters stick." His photos also reveal a machine that is in less-than-mint condition. I'd hate to see what opening bid he would have attached to the typewriter had it been in better condition.

This might be the most laughable asking price I've ever seen for a run-of-the-mill typewriter.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-7-2013 12:22:09  #2

Re: Some Letters Stick

Well, at least it's safe from jewelry makers that hunt typewriters for the keys...

24-7-2013 12:53:34  #3

tatte wrote:

Well, at least it's safe from jewelry makers that hunt typewriters for the keys...

At that price it's safe from ever being sold...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

27-7-2013 17:14:01  #4

I've noticed lately that since Ebay now allows sellers to list items every month for FREE, that outlandish listings are common. The seller will pay ebay only if the item sells. The seller is hoping to find a sucker since he has nothing to lose.

Clark

27-7-2013 19:36:54  #5

I've seen a lot of ridiculous prices, but that one might just be the winner. 

"Not Yet Published" - My History Blog
"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit" - Sir Pelham Grenville "P.G." Wodehouse
"The biggest obstacle to professional writing is the necessity for changing a typewriter ribbon" - Robert Benchley

03-8-2013 10:06:49  #6

Looks like our Remington seller has come to the realisation that he was asking way too much for his typewriter, so he's relisted it - for $400 less. 

Now that he's asking the bargain price of $1,100 for his $40 machine, I can almost hear the stampede of buyers rushing toward him.

03-8-2013 20:03:48  #7

It's a steal! 

"Not Yet Published" - My History Blog
"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit" - Sir Pelham Grenville "P.G." Wodehouse
"The biggest obstacle to professional writing is the necessity for changing a typewriter ribbon" - Robert Benchley

Board footera