You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-8-2013 12:21:16  #1

Type In Thursday Aug 8 - Toronto, Canada

Come on down!!!

Last edited by Uwe (01-8-2013 15:25:59)

01-8-2013 15:25:32  #2

Re: Type In Thursday Aug 8 - Toronto, Canada

It's only because I live in Toronto that I know where this event is being held. Please keep in mind that this is an international forum, so it would helpful to include more detail in your post with respect to location. I added the city to your subject line to clear things up a little.

I hope your Type In is a success; please post a few photos and let us know how it worked out. We have other members here who are planning similar events and I'm sure they'd appreciate if you shared your experiences.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

08-8-2013 11:01:49  #3

Thanks Uwe!

Just as an update:​ The last remaining typewriter repairman in Toronto, Doug Sanderson, will be present and offering prizes + the history of typewriters in Toronto

If you have a chance, drop on by as it will be a fun event and defiinitely an opportunity to learn about the history of Toronto.

08-8-2013 11:35:22  #4

Juturna101 wrote:

The last remaining typewriter repairman in Toronto, Doug Sanderson, will be present 

Yipes! Did something happen to Bud Dolson? I just saw him a couple of months ago at his shop and he seemed to be okay. In fact we were discussing the history of Underwood's manufacturing plant in Toronto, which is where he got his start in the industry.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

08-8-2013 11:58:12  #5

That's news to me!
Fantastic, then we have more than one in Toronto!!
In fact, Doug also got his start in the industry at the Don Mills plant, I wonder if they were buddies?

08-8-2013 12:39:11  #6

Juturna101 wrote:

That's news to me!
Fantastic, then we have more than one in Toronto!!

I think that there a couple more; however, most fall into that category of retired, yet still willing to tinker with the odd machine. Bud will tell you that he's retired too, but he always has a different machine in pieces on his work bench, so I never believe him.

Board footera