You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-12-2015 17:13:03  #1

FS: Remington Rand Model 1 - Never been used, looks brand new

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/131687873148?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:

This is my listing.
The typewriter appears to be brand new
I believe it is considered the portable model as the typewriter locks into the case.

If anyone has any information as to value it would be appreciated

Last edited by Uwe (30-12-2015 23:57:11)

30-12-2015 11:44:21  #2

Re: FS: Remington Rand Model 1 - Never been used, looks brand new

What makes you think it has never been used? It's in great shape, sure, but lots of well cared for typewriters survive in excellent shape with the manual and key.

That said, your price isn't bad (by eBay's standards) but I suggest either making it a Buy-It-Now listing for something in the range of $125 or making the starting price for the auction much lower. You see, people are attracted to low starting prices, and once a bidding war has started the price will grow very quickly. A high starting price does not start bidding wars.

30-12-2015 19:35:45  #3

To increase your chance of a sale dramatically, sort out the ribbon and show a typing sample; a simple paragraph of ordinary text, and all the keys, both shifted and un-shifted.
Along with many other buyers, I rarely buy a machine without seeing that it works.

Sincerely,
beak.

02-1-2016 00:02:12  #4

GIven most portables spent a lot of time in their case and when they fell out of use simply sat stored in their case. THey would not get a lot of wear. Looking at the photos, I'd suspect your's was used. And wouldn't recommend stating it was an unused machine unless you have documentation backing up that claim. Form what I can see in the photos, it looks to be in good, but not mint condition. I see some of the paper rollers and rubber parts are cracked and worn, ,and suspect the machine may need a little work to be a good working machine.  I'd agree with Master Typer, clean up the ribbon as it looks very bad just piled up on top of the machine. Ribbons are inexpensive and available for any machine. Invest in a new one and ensure everything it working, then relist it.  

Board footera