You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-9-2013 20:20:33  #1

Blow Torch

Here's an interesting eBay auction for a type slug soldering torch: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rare-Lenk-Automatic-Blow-Torch-Typewriter-Type-Head-slug-Soldering-Tool-Old-/360742321935?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:CA:1123

I don't recall the last time I've seen one of these come up for sale, and it might have piqued my interest if I didn't already own one.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

21-9-2013 15:33:02  #2

Re: Blow Torch

If you were thinking of buying one of these to use, I wouldn't bother.  You wouldn't be missing much I assure you !  I had to use one of these when I was an apprentice, and they can be rather temperamental.  As soon as small propane powered torches became available, the typewriter trade adopted them quickly and universally.  I nearly bought one of these last year (the British equivalent was 'Valtock') for old time's sake and then thought - 'Why ?' !!

21-9-2013 16:03:40  #3

Re: Blow Torch

thetypewriterman wrote:

If you were thinking of buying one of these to use, I wouldn't bother.

As I mentioned, I already own one. I only posted a link to it because I thought that it is an interesting typewriter appurtenance and might be of interest to collectors.

I have a modern micro-torch that I would use for jobs such as this, but thankfully I haven't had a need to re-solder any slugs yet.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera