You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-9-2013 10:39:07  #1

Need List of Typewriter Fonts/Typeface

All,
I am sure that this question has been asked before but search as I might, both here and throughout the web, I do not seem to find an answer.

**I need to know if there is a list out there of standard typewriter fonts/typefaces used on specific machines.**

I understand there are places where you can submit a sample of the typing and have someone hopefully respond with which font it is.  I am trying to avoid having to do this with every typewriter I own.  It seems like there would be a compiled list, something like below:

Underwood #4 - xxxx 10pt or 12pt typeface
Underwood #4 - xxxx 10pt or 12pt typeface
Remington Quiet Deluxe - Could be xxxx 10pt/12pt or xxxx 10pt/12pt
etc.

Having image examples of the different fonts would be great also.  Just need to know if such a thing exists or not.  I have several common manual typewriters, but do not know what the font is for any of them.  Am I dreaming here?

Thanks,
Bruce Varner

Last edited by btvarner (22-9-2013 10:39:35)

22-9-2013 20:23:06  #2

Re: Need List of Typewriter Fonts/Typeface

Sounds like you're looking for a copy of the Nomda Blue Book, which lists typefaces as used by the various manufacturers. I don't know how often it was published, yearly perhaps for a while, but here's an example of it on Munk's website: http://munk.org/typecast/2011/04/23/1964-nomda-blue-book-olympia-font-styles/

I'm sure searching the web for the book might be of help to you.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera