You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-5-2016 16:20:27  #1

FS: Torpedo 18 parts

I finally found a parts machine for my Torpedo 18. Well, the old machine will actually be the parts machine and the new one will take a few parts from it. 

So, if you have Torpedo 18 parts needs, hit me up!

05-5-2016 21:22:34  #2

Re: FS: Torpedo 18 parts

How are the feet on your Torpedo? Are they nice and soft and not crumbly? 

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

06-5-2016 05:05:17  #3

They are not great. Not soft at all, but not crumbly.

06-5-2016 08:42:22  #4

Your parts machine, Is the ribbon cover plastic? I recently bought the model with the plastic cover. Sadly, it arrived with the ribbon cover cracked on one side and a corner that snapped off. The case was shattered like someone took a hammer to it. Sigh

06-5-2016 08:58:06  #5

No, sorry.  The ribbon cover is metal.

I've repaired the new one's carriage flying problem with a screw from the old one.  Scavenged the back panel, and switched out the platen and paper bail rollers (there is one paper bail roller available in decent shape, the other is cracked but does still have the inside metal parts).  The 'new' one does not have a case, so that is not available.  I'll give this about a week for any requests, then I will donate whatever is left of the 'old' one to Richard Polt, as he will be better able to make use of the parts, I believe.  So if someone comes across this post way later and needs Torpedo parts, Richard will be the one to contact.

06-5-2016 09:38:10  #6

Gorgeous! My other Torpedo is the exact same model. Love it.
My recent one will be used topless which is no problem. I kinda like the beaters.
Thanks again and enjoy

06-5-2016 11:07:35  #7

Topless typing, lol.

23-1-2021 15:21:34  #8

Still have torpedo parts?  I’m getting a unit with a broken backspace, so might need escapement parts (I hope not) but also missing the back plates. I’d be interested to hear if you’re still able to provide parts. 
lynn

Board footera