You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-6-2016 12:45:05  #21

Re: What kind of paper are you using?

I have some old Nabisco stationary that my dad had in his basement.  I don't recall whether there were any envelopes in what I brought home.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

16-6-2016 15:38:35  #22

SoucekFan wrote:

I just converted 10 of them into large JPEGs and uploaded them as an album to imgur. Hopefully they came out okay. Here is the link:
http://imgur.com/a/GcLqs

This upload contains the following letterhead's:

Cool, thanks!

16-6-2016 16:28:43  #23

I tried my hand at grabbing one off of ebay and cleaning it up.  A lot of them are not high quality enough, but I can see how you'd eventually find enough to build up a collection.  Here's just the first one that caught my eye and a little bit of sprucing up.

16-6-2016 16:50:22  #24

Spazmelda wrote:

A lot of them are not high quality enough, but I can see how you'd eventually find enough to build up a collection.  Here's just the first one that caught my eye and a little bit of sprucing up.

That came out nice. Yes, you have to browse through quite a few to get usable ones. Fortunately, there are thousands on eBay, and even when they are not usable, I find they are fun to go through.

16-6-2016 17:59:35  #25

colrehogan wrote:

I have some old Nabisco stationary that my dad had in his basement.  I don't recall whether there were any envelopes in what I brought home.

That would be worth scanning in!

03-7-2016 01:53:05  #26

I have this telegram template that I made from an original one that I scanned. I have uploaded images for both the back and front, and set it up so you can print two to a page. I believe it looks best on ivory paper. The templates should line up for both sides; just cut along the lines on the front. I recommend cutting after typing, as it is easier to feed into and stay in the typewriter with the extra length. Below is an example of what it looks like printed on ivory paper. These are fun to send instead of greeting cards. For authenticity, type the message in all caps with no punctuation. The links to the larger JPEGS are:
Front:
http://i.imgur.com/ZgvXYMs.jpg
Back:
http://i.imgur.com/XDxZmYT.jpg

09-7-2016 13:16:56  #27

I use general copy paper, both new and used (used one side only), for letters and lists.  I have several boxes of an archival paper I use in personal correspondence when I want to get fancy

09-7-2016 13:19:03  #28

I need to add that I made some personal stationery with typewriter logos that went over well when I used it for family and friends.

18-7-2016 11:12:09  #29

Spazmelda wrote:

colrehogan wrote:

That would be worth scanning in!

I've scanned in a couple.  I just need to find a place to host them so I can post them.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

24-7-2016 15:47:51  #30

I use a better-quality recycling paper that has a yellowish-brownish touch. It is advertised as paper for handwritten letters, but I found it works just fine for typewritten mail. Nothing compared to the great vintage letterheads we have seen in this thread :-)

sirius

Board footera