You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-7-2016 08:15:39  #21

Re: Looking for info on Royal Academy

Good idea. Any idea of diameter or thickness? I haven't taken the cover off yet so don't know what I'm dealing with. Thanks.

22-7-2016 08:40:00  #22

I don't recall, but I think it was a case of cutting a belt down to size.  I will try to remember to ask them today.  A feed roller on one of my LC Smiths is swelled and I am taking it in.  I am not sure why this is happening, it isn't near a source of heat.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

22-7-2016 11:12:49  #23

Thanks.

22-7-2016 16:40:36  #24

Re: Diameter and thickness.  I would say measure the old V-belt to get an idea of what you will need in substitute o-rings.

23-7-2016 00:57:50  #25

The guy at the typewriter shop said he started with another belt and trimmed it down to size to fit the Academy.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

23-7-2016 16:04:02  #26

Always good to have spare parts, I always say.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

23-2-2017 18:11:22  #27

I have a Royal Academy electric typewriter and the serial number is 4Z207720 and would like to know the year of manufacture.  I would also be interested in obtaining  the belt measurements or a location where I could purchase a backup one.  My Royal Academy came with an instruction manual but there were no specs for the belt or what size ribbon to buy.  I guess you would need a service manual for that information.  If anyone is interested in a copy of the instruction manual, I would gladly help them out, no charge, just let me know.  One thing I noticed about Royal Academy Typewriters and some other Royal electric models, they all seem to come from Royal Business Machines Inc. in Windsor Connecticut.

24-2-2017 10:14:54  #28

Interesting -- as you might expect, Royal Business Machines, Inc. is long gone from Windsor (next town from me). But I don't know anything more about it than that. Royal, in its current incarnation, is I believe based in New Jersey.

24-2-2017 18:05:42  #29

I found out that Royal Business Machines Inc. was bought out by Konica in 1986.

24-2-2017 19:03:12  #30

gaia4us wrote:

I found out that Royal Business Machines Inc. was bought out by Konica in 1986.

Where did you read that?

According to Royal, it was purchased along with Triumph-Adler in April 1986 by Olivetti from its previous owner, Volkswagen AG. Royal remained a part of the Olivetti family for two decades until September 2004 when it became a private American company again.Royal Typewriter is now known as Royal Consumer Information Products Inc. and its product line now includes cash registers, shredders, PDAs/electronic organizers, postal scales, weather stations, and a wide range of imaging supplies for printers, faxes, and copiers.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera