You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30-7-2016 20:00:34  #1

Victor #10

Got a Victor #10 for $15 the other day.

Pretty decent shape. Some rust spots and flaking paint in the back, some chips on the ribbon top frame. Nothing too bad. The nickel plating is pretty much gone though. LOADED with grease. Currently dissembled on my desk.

Anyone have any info at all on these? Theres only one page with good info....

And anyone ever see one before?

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

31-7-2016 10:01:29  #2

31-7-2016 17:23:42  #3

Re: Victor #10

Ive already seen that, was wondering if anyone knew anything else. But thanks.

Back from a long break.

02-8-2016 21:52:56  #4

Excellent find. Here is a pic of mine:
http://typewriterdatabase.com/192x-victor-10.6400.typewriter

03-8-2016 15:05:17  #5

Richard Polt wrote:

Excellent find. Here is a pic of mine:
http://typewriterdatabase.com/192x-victor-10.6400.typewriter

Wow, wished mine looked that nice. Ah well. Still great deal for $15!

Back from a long break.

11-9-2016 14:15:24  #6

As you may surmise from my recent blog post on typewriter pricing, a hard value for any old machine is difficult to arrive at and stick to; further, these Victor No. 10 machines come up so infrequently that there's no sort of real time trend for pricing.  That said, no one seems to be looking for one, so there's not much to drive the prices up even if one shows up.  Still I think it should be at least a $100 typewriter because of the fact that it's an off brand, as we sometimes call these.  Fifteen dollars is a good buy!  

-Will Davis

11-9-2016 16:31:24  #7

As I learned in Business Management in college, the pricing on anything is simply "Whatever the market will bear."  My guess is that too many people fantasize about finding some old artifact somewhere for a few pennies, take it to the Antiques Road Show, happily find that it is worth a couple mil, cash that sucker in, retire to the Bahamas, and live happily ever after basking in the sun on the beach under an umbrella while drinking a pink fizzy beverage that has a little umbrella of its own.  Nice if we all could find just the right typewriter to put us there.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

25-12-2016 12:12:51  #8

Was able to dissemble it and rebuild it. Sold it needing a few fine funding things, otherwise a success!

25-12-2016 12:13:24  #9

*tuning

25-12-2016 13:13:20  #10

Wow. "TypewriterGuy" and "TyperwriterGuy"?  That is confusing. 

I've wanted a Victor for some time after I read that they do not repay the casual user but a professional could crank them up to speed. Naturally after reading this I am internally strutting and preening around the typewriter yard looking for one of these puppies to pound up to speed.  As for pricing, TypewriterKing, I'd say that in less common models there is insufficient volume to make the market, as I believe the phrase goes in financial trading.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

Board footera