You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-1-2014 23:31:06  #1

Remington Noiseless Portable with Math Keys?

Hello everyone!

I just purchased a Remington Noiseless Portable typewriter off of eBay and I just noticed that the pictures of the keyboard show that there are calculus-type math symbols - sigma, alpha, beta, etc. I didn't know that these keyboards existed and my Google-fu seems to be poor tonight, as I can't seem to find any information regarding this type of keyboard.

Does anyone have any information about this typewriter? I don't have pictures yet, but I will post some as soon as I get this thing in the mail.

Thanks!

16-1-2014 00:25:05  #2

Re: Remington Noiseless Portable with Math Keys?

I don't know this particular model, but mathematics symbols are found fairly regularly from several famous manufacturers.  Probably used mainly by college teachers and so on, and by mathematicians obviously.

I'm going to try to obtain an Olympia SM4 with this range of symbols one day - I use them occasionally.

Sincerely,
beak.

16-1-2014 00:25:05  #3

Re: Remington Noiseless Portable with Math Keys?

Such keyboards do exist, but they're not unique to Remington machines, nor are they what I would call rare. I have a couple of machines that use the same character sets and neither are a Remington. I can post photos if you're interested, but I'll have to figure out which machines they were first. ;-)

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera