You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-11-2016 12:05:03  #1

Typewriter Theme Wax Seals

I know a number of TT members use their machines for correspondence, so when I came across these wax seals that use a typewriter typeface, I thought 'this would be the perfect way to finish off a typed letter.' I've ordered inks and pens several times from Jet Pens in the past and will probably include one of these the next time I order something.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-11-2016 17:50:05  #2

Re: Typewriter Theme Wax Seals

Can one get sealing wax from an office supply anymore?  I've had mail sealed this way recently, and I have wondered where they got their sealing wax, plus the little "stamps" they use.  Maybe it's something that came back because it looks so classy.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

06-11-2016 20:31:18  #3

Greetings All

If memory serves me correctly, believe I've seen sealing wax in the scrapbooking department of the larger craft stores like Michaels up here in Canada or Hobby Lobby down south of the 49th parallel.

When I was just a youngster and my dad would talk about sealing wax, I thought he was talking about ceiling wax and wondered why you'd need wax for the ceiling. All the best,

​Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

06-11-2016 20:45:16  #4

Not sure about that one.  Just a wild guess, mind you, but maybe it was once a temporary fix for water leaks when it rained?

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

13-7-2017 13:01:53  #5

TypewriterKing wrote:

Can one get sealing wax from an office supply anymore? I've had mail sealed this way recently, and I have wondered where they got their sealing wax, plus the little "stamps" they use. Maybe it's something that came back because it looks so classy.

Best source I"ve found is nostalgicimpressions.com

13-7-2017 15:16:17  #6

Goulet Pens sells sealing wax supplies. gouletpens.com

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

13-7-2017 18:18:58  #7

Jet Pens, which I mentioned as the retailer of the seal stamps in my original post, also sells the wax to go with the stamps. They have multiple colours and types of wax available.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

26-10-2017 05:49:59  #8

Barnes & Noble used to carry this sort of stuff near their calligraphy sets and moleskine notebooks.  Lots of card shops also used to carry these near their stationery.

Not certain about today but back when I was looking that's where I found these.

02-11-2017 16:35:38  #9

On Saturday B&N had wax and seals but not in typeface.

Board footera