You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-11-2016 13:27:10  #1

Here's a manual for Continental Kleinschreibmaschine

Hi,

as noted elsewhere earlier, my Continental 100 came with a manual. I have scanned and uploaded it for everyone's pleasure here: http://files.guelkerdev.de/misc/Gebrauchsanweisung-Continental-Kleinschreibmaschine.pdf (WARNING! Big file! 77 MiB!)

It is pretty obvious that although the manual came with the machine, the machine described in the manual is not a Continental 100, but some other Continental model. Still, I thought I ought to publish this for everyonce's service.

Greetings
Marvin

22-11-2016 14:14:28  #2

Re: Here's a manual for Continental Kleinschreibmaschine

Thanks for doing that, Marvin, it's greatly appreciated. Although it's often a fun exercise to figure out on your own what purpose a mysterious lever serves on an unfamiliar machine, it's also nice to read the factory explanation for it. This applies more so with Continental standards, so I would love to see a manual or two for the older models being made available. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

30-11-2016 05:10:57  #3

Inside the manual there also was a ten-finger typing guide, which I took the liberty to scan as well: http://files.guelkerdev.de/misc/Continental-Zehnfingerschreiben.pdf (48 MiB).

02-12-2016 00:11:59  #4

An owner's manual AND a short typing course--both in German!  Who'd have thought?

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

02-12-2016 13:02:26  #5

TypewriterKing wrote:

An owner's manual AND a short typing course--both in German! Who'd have thought?

What do you mean? Do you find it odd that owner manuals and typing guides would have been written in German? Or that both were found with a typewriter? I have stacks of such items that were included with machines (in a number of different languages including German and English) so I wouldn't describe it as a rarity. And given sirius is located in Germany, and Continental was a German manufacturer, it probably would have been more surprising if those documents had been written in English.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-12-2016 05:26:33  #6

The manuals aren't available in English. Do you need an English translation?

08-12-2016 08:49:03  #7

I think if you're in Texas there is a joy inherent in finding something very utilitarian written in a language from a country 5,000 miles away. Normally the only German one might see in a place like that would probably be only literary. It's just a very pleasing glimpse of the outside world. 

Board footera